LIVE-EDGE WOOD SLABS
Monk Creek Woodworks
LEE COUNTY, IA
Find the live-edge slabs you need for your next woodworking project. We carry a variety of thick wood slabs, which are perfect for making benches, river tables, bar tops, and more!
The wood slabs below are just some of what we have in stock. If you don't find what you're looking for, send us a message below.
Live-edge walnut slabs deliver timeless elegance and natural warmth, elevating your furniture, decor, or artistic masterpieces.
Unleash your creativity with live-edge cherry slabs, featuring rich hues for your next woodworking project.
Take advantage of our live-edge pecan slabs' distinctive grain patterns and durability.
Rustic beauty and unmatched strength of live-edge hickory slabs provide the perfect fusion of natural character and lasting durability.
CEDAR OF LEBANON SLABS
Working in partnership with Heartland Research Group, Monk Creek Woodworks is excited to offer a selection of one-of-kind Cedar of Lebanon live-edge wood slabs for sale.
The Cedar of Lebanon is a species that is widely recognized for its cultural and religious significance. It is extremely rare to find any significant quantity of this species in the United States, and to our knowledge, we currently have the only known slabs in the country.
CLEAR SLABS VS. DISTRESSED SLABS
We offer both select, clear slabs and distressed slabs. Some of our slabs may have imperfections, which we try to thoroughly document with photos on each slab's product page. Wood slabs, or live-edge wood, that has cracks and defects can actually have some benefits or "pros" depending on the intended use of the wood.
- Character and uniqueness: Cracks and defects can make the wood look more rustic and natural, which is highly sought after in certain applications like furniture, art, and decor.
- Natural design features: Cracks and defects in slabs can be incorporated into the design of a piece, creating a one-of-a-kind look. For example, a furniture maker may choose to use a live-edge slab with a prominent crack down the middle, and use that crack to create a natural divide between two parts of the piece.
- Seasoned wood: Cracks in slabs may be a sign that the wood has dried and seasoned naturally, which can make the wood more stable and less likely to warp or split in the future.
What to Know Before Visiting
- Pay by cash, check, or through our website
- Price is non-negotiable
- Final sale, no refunds
- Pick-up only
- Sold on a "first come" basis
- Appointment required
Didn't Find What You Need?
We stock over 25 species of furniture-grade lumber in a variety of dimensions. Head over to to our full lumber list to see what we currently have in stock.SEE MORE
Owner of Monk Creek Woodworks
Let us know which live-edge slabs you're interested in by filling out the form below, and we will get back to you soon!
HOW TO FIND US
Please make an appointment before visiting.
1499 Croton Road, Donnellson, IA 52625
We are about a 12-minute drive southwest of Donnellson, Iowa.
- Take Hwy 218 (Avenue of the Saints) south from Donnellson.
- Turn west on 255th Street (a gravel road) toward Croton, Iowa.
- Drive 3 miles west on 255th Street. You will pass the end of a T intersection with a graveyard and church on the north side of the road.
- Continue west for about 1/8 mile, and then curve to the south (the left fork in the road).
- Go 1/2 mile until you reach a stop sign.
- Turn left onto Croton road.
We are located at the third driveway on the left side. You can’t miss it. You will see two large red and brown buildings and two ponds.